Domain Name Registration: Points to Remember
Domain names are one hot commodity that every business owner today is in the race to register. For effective Domain Name Registration, listed below are a few points to remember.
So you’ve thought up of a business name and want to put up your own website to complement your brick and mortar store. Good idea! Many businesses all over the world have a physical store and a website for online presence to complement their online and offline profits.
The most important thing to do now is picking a domain name.
Not everyone is familiar with the process of getting a domain name so here are a few points to remember when getting a domain name for your business.
- Keep it Short and Simple – Keeping your domain name short and simple makes it more memorable to the people you give it out to. This will help you establish a stronger brand that’s easy to recall. This results in people going to your website first before going to your competitors because they remember you more.
- Make it relevant to your business – Your domain name is going to be your main branding tool. Make sure it evokes images of what your company is about. For example, if you’re selling high quality SEO services and you have a big company, getting the domain name SEOFleet.com brings an image to people that you have a large number of people ready to provide SEO services and solutions for you! So keep your domain name relevant to whatever it is you’re selling or providing to your clients.
- Register multiple domains that sound similar or are alike – have you noticed that there are domains that sound alike or are very similar to each other? Well if you see that there are similar domains to yours, it’s a good idea to register that too. For example: If you have SEOFleet.com, then it’d be best to register SEOFleet.net and .org too. All of these domains can point to the same website.
Another tip: a misspelling of your domain can also be pointed to your main website, so if you see that it’s available, buy it!
- Don’t wait until the last second to register your domain – think of domain name registration as a race. As soon as you’ve thought up of a name, you have to register it immediately. Otherwise, someone else may get it and you’ll be stuck with a domain name that you don’t want.
As soon as you have your domain name registered, make sure you put in a lot of effort creating a website that’s appealing to your customers. After that, promote it every chance you get by getting effective SEO specialists, Social media marketers, printing it on your stationary as your letterhead, handing out business cards with your domain name on it and other ways just to push your name out into the public!
So as a recap:
- Keep it short and simple
- Make it relevant
- Register multiple domains that sound alike or are very much alike
And last but not the least
- Don’t wait for someone else to snatch up that domain name you want, get it now!